Friday, November 10, 2006

don't laugh - it was SO scary!


it's a nice day out - i decided to collect some pretty leaves for my spiritual formation class (ask me bout the leaf story sometime - life changing!) so with a shoebox in hand, i went for a walk down through the ravine/bike trails area by my house.

I'm walking... i'm looking around... i'm stooping to pick leaves.
A couple of High School guys came walking through the paths - they probably thought i was some crazy lady wandering the ravine. It was quiet and calm. I thought *hey mebbe i could go on silent retreats by myself in this place, it's so peaceful* I stooped down to get another leaf. when i straighted back up, i looked down the path.

SUDDENLY

there was this brownish black tuft of fur waddling just over the little hill TOWARDS ME! i looked again. my eyes weren't lying... there it was and it was coming closer!! I froze for a second and thought - AHHH THAT WOLVERINE IS GONA GET ME AND I'M TOO DEEP INTO THE TREES FOR ANYONE TO HELP -

(here's a tidbit on Wolverines)
The wolverine is the largest member of the family Mustelidae, though its appearance is bear-like. The wolverine is a heavily built animal, immensely strong for its size and capable of killing animals larger than itself. Known for their feistiness, members of the mustelidae family are often known as fearless.

(see why i was freaking out?)

so i took off running back down the path where i came from - all clad in my birks and vest - racing away from this beast! the leaves in the shoebox flew into my face and were left behind -

i didn't care.

i didn't wanna die.

i'm too young to die.

i looked back. it was still coming. i was like - it better not have seen me and be chasing after me - i looked back again. ...... waaaaaaaait a seeeecond ..... there's a lady walking over there .... WHAT?! A DOG!? a GERMAN SHEPHERD!?!

it was a german shepherd. now in my defense... it wasn't jus some cutesy little puppy dog figure.

it was a pretty big dog. and german shepherds can be scary sometimes too. ya no ppl use them as guard dogs, for REALS!

LOOK HOW SCARY THAT DOG IS!!!


i've gota say...

walking around the ravine by my house will no longer be a time of quiet and solitude - i'll need a walking buddy... any takers?


7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Were u scared? I have the most gentelest German Shepherd in the WORLD!!!!

12/11/2008 1:47 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didnt know they got that mean,WOW!!

12/11/2008 1:48 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have a german shepherd, when she was young she was evil, now shes jst adorable

4/18/2009 6:25 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that would be scary im gonna get a german shepherd soon

5/11/2009 10:08 p.m.  
Blogger lauryn said...

wow i have a farm of german sheperds and non of them had hurt me (expetp for my gard dog he is a great dane though)but if i were you and that would of stiked at me i would of called my dog Butster he is a german sheperd and he would of preteced me! but cyah soon and that is a pretty funny story no afence lol :)

10/11/2009 11:45 a.m.  
Anonymous Ruger said...

I train for a living (hot dog on a leash.com)..I feel they are the best all around dogs in the world.I wouln't go anywhere in the wild without my Ruger!

4/29/2010 5:05 p.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

my dog is a german shepard he is a little noisy when he sees new ppl but that it

8/20/2010 10:34 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home